Textiles & Footwear
We accept the following for recycling:
- Reusable clothes, eg. t-shirts, sweaters, trousers, jackets, skirts, anoraks
- Reusable footwear, eg. trainers, shoes, boots. (IN PAIRS ONLY)
- Clean curtains and bed linen
We do NOT accept the following for recycling:
- Any items that are soiled or in bad condition
Ensure the clothes or textiles are clean, dry, in good condition and suitable for reuse.
Put items into plastic bags and deposit in textile banks on site.
Textiles make up 2.9% of the contents of your household bin
|The Benefits of Textile recovery:|
- it reduces the need for landfill space. Textiles present particular problems in landfill as synthetic (man-made fibres) products will not decompose, and while woollen garments do decompose they produce methane which contributes to global warming.
- it reduces pressure on virgin resources
- it results in less pollution and energy savings as fibres do not have to be transported from abroad