We accept the following for recycling:
- Household timber from DIY work
- Timber from gardens
- Wooden furniture (must not contain any metal, eg. hinges)
All of the above must be untreated – eg. not painted or varnished.
We do NOT accept the following for recycling:
- Timber containing metal or plasterboard
- Window frames containing glass (this must be separated)
- Treated timber eg. creosote
- Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF)
Metal or plaster board must be removed from timber before it can be accepted at the Civic Amenity Centres
Timber is shredded and used to produce MDF for furniture making.
Did you know:
Most household wood waste brought to your Civic Amenity Centre comes from furniture, fencing and DIY off-cuts.
- High quality timber can be reused to make joinery and carcassing for furniture.
- Low quality timber is used to make chipboard, fencing, packaging and animal bedding.